Indigenous Employment Program
York Civil’s Indigenous Employment Program is implemented across all aspects of our business. The program evolved from our Northern Expressway Project where the stated project key performance indicator for Youth and Indigenous employment was set at 10% of all project personnel. York Civil achieved an average of 15%.
Our Indigenous Employment Program was developed in conjunction with recognised Indigenous groups to offer specifically tailored training to assist individuals with entry into the construction industry.
The York Civil Graduate Program aims to ensure participants gain a solid grounding in all facets of the engineering and construction industry and provides a solid foundation for career advancement and development.
Key elements of the program include the following:
- Partnering with Engineers Australia to promote Chartered Professional Engineer Status
- Formal exchange program with engineering design firms
- Focus on continual professional development in all aspects of engineering and project management, including project engineering, design, estimating, tender submissions, contract administration, safety, quality and environment
- Includes both formal and informal training opportunities
- Mentoring from onsite project managers and project engineers.
Our graduates have the opportunity to work on projects throughout Australia, as well as in our offices, learning all aspects of our business. Many of our graduates have become Project Managers within seven to eight years of joining York Civil.
For more information on our Graduate Program, send your resume and a brief cover letter to York Civil at email@example.com.
Apprenticeships and Traineeships
York Civil currently has a significant number of employees undertaking apprenticeships, traineeships and formal development programs. Our expenditure on training is twice the average for the construction industry, a record we have maintained for many years. Our traineeship program offers Certificate III, IV and a Diploma level certificate with training in the following areas:
- Civil construction plant operations for field staff
- Occupational health and safety for our safety team
- Frontline management for all supervisory personnel.