Dignams Creek Upgrade
The Dignams Creek Upgrade project comprises the construction of roadworks, bridgeworks and associated works of a 2.9km section of rural carriageway on the Princes Highway, approximately 26km south of Narooma. The upgrade includes construction of 2.1km of new carriageway along a new alignment and approximately 0.7km of pavement widening and carriageway improvement works on the existing carriageway.
- a new section of highway
- a new bridge over Dignams Creek, replacing the current bridge
- relocation of the intersection of Dignams Creek Road and the Princes Highway
- a new underpass and a provision for buses
- upgrade of the existing overtaking lane
- revegetation of the highway
The project will increase road safety by improving the road alignment, reduce vehicle carbon emissions and improve travel times for motorists on the Princes Highway.