North Richmond Raw Water Intake
The Raw Water Intake at North Richmond Water Filtration Plant (WFP) has been in service for over 70 years. The existing jetty structure at the intake is mainly a timber structure, and some structural members have been damaged by floods or rotting, are unsafe to access and require a major refurbishment. The suction main and pumping units of this station are installed in a tunnel and shaft structure, and access for maintenance is difficult and requires confined space entry.
These works comprise replacement of the existing pumping station and suction main arrangement with a new pump station immediately downstream, new pumps located at the river intake, and a new rising main connecting into the discharge header at the treatment plant.
- Design of pumping station and rising main
- Temporary works design
- Installation of rising main and sampling pump
- Installation of cofferdam and excavation of riverbed
- Construction of pump station and valve chamber
- Installation of mechanical and electrical equipment
- Commissioning of all equipment
- Reinstatement of site