Upgrade of Marion/Sturt Road Intersection
York Civil was awarded the contract for the upgrade of the intersection of Marion Road and Sturt Road to be undertaken for the Department of Planning, Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) as part of the North-South Corridor Darlington Upgrade.
The upgrade included;
- widening of both Sturt Road and Marion Road using the existing median strips
- construction of additional lanes
- installation of lighting and signalisation
- relocation and construction of bus facilities
- construction of footpaths and pedestrian ramps
A heavily trafficked intersection, this project required complex traffic management in order to meet DPTI’s requirement that the intersection remain open at all times.