York Civil’s approach to community consultation is to work collaboratively to ensure we limit the impact of our projects on the surrounding areas, community and stakeholders. Transparency, thorough planning and a ‘no surprises’ culture is the hallmark of our engagement with the community.
We use a number of initiatives tailored to the specific project to ensure transparency, including:
- A 24-hour information line
- Media bulletins
- Open days and tours
- Tree planting days
- Information booths
- The establishment of community reference groups
- Dedicated project websites
- Direct engagement with stakeholders for property access
- Direct consultation with community organisations such as local indigenous groups, local councils, and environmental groups.